- Slaty-backed Gull (adult). Manitowoc, Wisconsin. 04 April 2015.
- This individual was seen on and off for over a month but could not be identified to species until 04 April when the original finder observed it closer to shore.
- Western Gull (1st cycle). Sierra County, New Mexico. 09 April 2015.
- Mew Gull (adult). Southport, Connecticut. 10 April 2015.
- Another presumed Kamchatka Gull (the 4th one on the Atlantic Coast in 6 months). North America's default East Coast subspecies has always been nominate canus. The recent rash of L.c. kamtschatschensis is curious, to say the least. Perhaps it's a good time to reassess historic records where photos and/or specimens are available.
- Slaty-backed Gull (continuing adult). Tacoma, Washington. Present all of April 2015.
- Little Gull (1st cycle). Sullivan County, Indiana. 12 April 2015.
- Now here for at least 23 consecutive weeks!
- Mew Gull (adult). Milford, Connecticut. 16 April 2015.
- Thayer's Gull (1st cycle). West Haven, Connecticut. 19 April 2015.
- Iceland Gull (adult). Morgan County, Colorado. 20 April 2015.
- Little Gull (adult). St. John's, Newfoundland. 22 April 2015.
- Little Gull (adult). Waukegan, Illinois, 25 April 2015.
- A single adult was viewed flying north on Lake Michigan with a relatively big flight of Bonaparte's (822). This number of Bonaparte's is unusual on the Illinois lakefront at any time of year.
- Little Gull (158). Oshawa, Ontario. 26 April 2015.
- A site high count at the famous Oshawa Second Marsh. All birds present were adults with just a single first cycle bird.
01 May 2015
Monthly Notables April 2015
at May 01, 2015