- Iceland Gull (1st summer). Suffolk County, New York. 01 July 2017.
- Glaucous-winged Gull (1st summer). Riverside County, California. 03 July 2017.
- Black-headed Gull (1st summer). Wheatly, Ontario. 08 July 2017.
- Laughing Gull (1st summer). Kiowa County, Colorado. 09 July 2017.
- Black-legged Kittiwake (1st summer). Toronto, Ontario. 13 July 2017.
- California Gull (3rd summer type). Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. 14 July 2017.
- 2nd summer record for state.
- Franklin's Gull (1st summer type). Essex County, Massachusetts. 20 July 2017.
- Great Black-backed Gull (adult type). LaPorte County, Indiana. 20 July 2017.
- Franklin's Gull (adult type). Eddy County, New Mexico. 23 July 2017.
- Mew Gull (adult). Cascade County, Montana. 23 July 2017.
- Ring-billed Gull (adult). Skagway-Hoonah-Angoon County, Alaska. 24 July 2017.
- Laughing Gull (adult). Notre Dame Bay-Lewisporte County, Newfoundland. 27 July 2017.
1. A Great Lakes high count of 69 Lesser Black-backed Gulls was recorded in Sheboygan, Wisconsin on 14 July 2017. This site (North Point) has seen an increase in numbers of this species in the last 4 years, with mostly 1st and 2nd summer individuals present. This is a seasonal phenomenon brought on by a short bout of dying alewives near shore. No definitive adults present.
2. Multiple juvenile Heermann's Gulls were reported along the California coast this month with a high of 34 individuals in San Mateo County on 28 July 2017.